The Outpatient Consultation Unit of the Instituto Cardiovascular of the FCV has professionals in the following medical specialties to care for our patients:
In the Instituto Cardiovascular of the FCV we have the following Medical Specialties:
- Adult and Pediatric Heart Failure Clinic: service that guarantees high-quality care in the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of cardiovascular diseases.
- Adult Endocrinology: medical specialty in charge of the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the endocrine system.
- Adult Gastroenterology: area of medicine dedicated to the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver, in adult patients.
- Adult Hepatology: branch of medicine that deals with the study of the liver and its diseases.
- Adult Infectology: area of medicine that treats a wide range of infections and immune disorders such as those caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, in adults.·
- Adult Pneumology: a medical specialty dedicated to the study and management of diseases of the adult respiratory system.
- Anticoagulation Clinic: service that provides special attention, support, education, advocacy, and follow-up to patients who require anticoagulation management.
- Cardiovascular Anesthesia: specialty of the medicine in charge of the cardiovascular system before, during, and after the anesthetic act.
- Internal Medicine: is a medical specialty dedicated to the study, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases that do not warrant surgery.
- Nephrology: the medical specialty that deals with the anatomy, physiology, and diseases of the kidney. ·
- Nuclear Medicine the specialty of medicine in which radiotracers or radiopharmaceuticals are used for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Nursing: responsible for the care and attention of the human being.
- Nutrition: the study of the relationship that exists between food, health, and the determination of a diet, intervening in processes of the organism that are related to absorption, digestion, metabolism, and elimination, to provide adequate advice on nutrition that preserves health.
- Pediatric and Adult Cardiology: medical specialty responsible for the study, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the heart and circulatory system in adult and pediatric patients.
- Pediatric and Adult Electrophysiology: allows the diagnosis of heart rhythm disorders in pediatric and adult patients.·
- Pediatric and Adult Hemodynamics: Medical specialty in charge of the diagnosis and treatment of the movement of blood through the vascular system.
- Pediatric Infectology: area of medicine concerned with the treatment of infections and immune disorders such as those caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, in children.·
- Perinatology: specialty in charge of the study of the fetus and infant in the perinatal period.·
- Psychiatry: is the branch of medicine that deals with the investigation and treatment of mental illnesses, by identifying the origin of the illness that affects the patient in order to provide a therapeutic intervention that improves his condition.
- Psychology: this science studies the behavior and emotions of individuals and their relationship with the surrounding environment.
- Transplant Urology: the medical-surgical specialty that diagnoses and treats all pathologies of the male and female urinary system in children and adults, and also deals with disorders of the male reproductive system.
- Vascular Surgery: medical-surgical specialty in charge of the diagnosis and treatment of vascular, arterial, venous, and lymphatic pathologies.
FCV SURGICAL SPECIALTIES
At the Instituto Cardiovascular of the FCV we have a team of surgeons from different specialties:
- Adult and Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery: The surgical specialty of medicine that deals with disorders and diseases of the cardiocirculatory system in adult and pediatric patients.
- General Surgery: surgical specialty dedicated to operations on the digestive system.
- Gynecological-obstetrical surgery of ARO: treats diseases of the female reproductive system (uterus, vagina, and ovaries) and obstetrics.
- Hepatobiliary and Gastrointestinal Surgery: Surgical subspecialty dedicated to the care of patients with high complexity pathologies in the liver, bile ducts, and pancreas.
- Vascular Surgery: Surgical specialty in charge of prophylaxis, diagnosis, and treatment of vascular, arterial, venous, and lymphatic pathologies.
- Gastroenterology: the medical area that performs digestive tract, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; participates in the management of patients with gastrointestinal and pancreaticobiliary pathologies.