The Intensive Care Units (ICU) of the Instituto Cardiovascular of the FCV, have the technical equipment and the best specialized human talent, where a service of monitoring and special care is provided for potentially critical patients, providing adequate management in intensive medicine with the highest quality standards and international safety protocols for the welfare of patients and families.
In the ICUs of Instituto Cardiovascular of the FCV, we work to achieve the full recovery of the patient, as well as to offer an adequate and pleasant stay for our patients and their families. The professional team of this hospital area is highly qualified and trained to attend critical patients who need special care, with the humanized treatment that characterizes us, seeking to provide the greatest comfort for its visitors.
The institution has the experience and technological innovation to attend in a timely manner to patients who come to our clinic, placing them in exclusive areas according to their level of risk. The Intensive Care Units are divided into Adult and Intermediate ICU, Pediatric ICU, Neonatal ICU and Neonatal Intermediate and Pediatric ICU, led by physicians specialized in intensive care medicine who, together with a medical team and permanent support assistance, provide high-complexity quality services. We have a team of highly qualified professionals committed to providing services with humanized care to critically ill patients, using the latest technology to achieve health care with the highest quality standards worldwide.
- The patient may be accompanied by a family member 24 hours a day, every day. This allows for a quick recovery and greater well-being for the patient and family members.
- Individual cubicles that allow for the privacy of each patient.
- Ultrasound-guided procedures.
- Assistance team trained in dialysis and special catheter passage to avoid multipunctions in the patient.
- Team of Head Nurses with specialization in critical care, Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) and Ventricular Assist, physical therapy, respiratory therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy for patients.
- Intensive Care Physicians supported by General Practitioners.
- Follow-up of international policies with quality care standards for patient safety.