How do I avoid getting sick from COVID-19?
Keep in mind the following recommendations to reduce the risk of getting COVID-19 and to avoid spreading it to others:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based solution, especially whenever you come in contact with the elements or public areas.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with your forearm (the inner bend of your elbow), not your hands. Remember the importance of wearing a mask.
- Avoid getting your hands into your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you must, wash them thoroughly or apply alcohol solutions.
- Avoid sharing cutlery, glasses, dishes, or desk items without first washing them thoroughly with soap and water; use a good food hygiene chain.
- Avoid physical or close contact with anyone, especially those who show signs or symptoms of COVID-19 alarm. Do not shake hands, kiss or hug and avoid crowded places.
- Keep your home or environment ventilated, sudden changes in temperature increase the appearance of symptoms and do not guarantee an appropriate recovery.
- Eat foods rich in protein and vitamins A, B, C and dark green vegetables that have antibacterial properties and will help you stay healthy and fight and prevent possible colds.